Here you can find links to stories of other teachers, both NNESTs and NESTs, who have succeeded in finding their dream job despite discrimination. I hope these stories will motivate you and give you confidence to overcome the difficulties and believe in yourself.
- Irma Horvath – there’s no such thing as impossible by Katalin Hari
- Larissa Albano – nNEST: bush-league teachers? I don’t think so by Larissa Albano
- Marek Kiczkowiak – TEFL Equity Advocates wins the British Council blog post award!
- Bella Ruth Reichard – Does it matter to students whether their teacher is a NEST?
- Nicholas Susatyo – Teaching English in Japan as a nNEST.
- Interview with Erica Olah
- Ratna Ragunathan – ‘Ain’t no mountain high enough’
- Agnieszka Kruszyńska – ‘ELT hiring policies in Spain: learning Spanish ways the hard way’
- Karin Krummenacher – ‘I am Hank, or being a NNEST in Prague.’
- Tatiana Njegovan – ‘The long and winding road to success’.
If you know a teacher who’s succeeded despite discrimination, please get in touch via email or comment below – we’d all love to hear the story.