- Acknowledge and expose the discrimination of NNESTs in TEFL.
- Sensitise the public to the problem.
- Debunk the most common and damaging myths and stereotypes about NNESTs.
- Reduce the number of job ads only for NESTs.
- Give self-confidence to NNESTs.
- Encourage NESTs to join the campaign and actively support their colleagues.
- Provide support and advice in cases of discrimination.
- Give NNESTs the knowledge and the tools to fight for their rights.
- Diminish the divide between the two groups by encouraging cooperation and dialogue.
- Gain support of teaching associations for the campaign and encourage them to publicly denounce discrimination.
- Work together with recruiters to ensure both NESTs and NNESTs have equal opportunities of employment.
Read more about the campaign in About, Why TEFL Equity Advocates? and Why does it matter? sections or read the latest posts in The Blog.